Licensing of Lisaac

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:25:20 UTC 2009

On 08/26/2009 02:58 PM, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
>> We know that already, and personally, if the licence of the library
>> isn't changed, I will develop an alternate library (perhaps not as
>> complete, I don't care so much about the GUI for example) with an
>> appropriate licence (Like the MIT licence).
>>
> That would be a shame to loose a developer to the task of doing all that
> duplicate work. I understand, but wow, let's try to ensure that will not
> happen! I, also, would not use a library that is licensed as GPL. For me,
> I'd probably cease using Lisaac if that were to become the case. Now....
> I mean unaltered GPL. I am unsure of the specific clauses that
> could/would be added to the GPL.

Well, I think ultimately, I will rewrite part of the library for myself
anyway. i don't like that much the way the current library works. It's
too verbose to do simple things, and I think it could be better
organized too. Changing that in the current lib would break
compatibility, hence the project of creating another library.

But don't freak out. I have better things to do as for now.

I don't consider the Lisaac language to be ready for use in my projects.
i tried several times and failed. I'll have to work on the compiler
first. Creating a new library is a very very low priority project.
Meaning, i'll certainly never find time for it (unless I'm forced to
because of licence problems, but I'm sure this won't be a problem).

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────