Reading from a file?

Jeremy @ Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Thu Jul 30 01:20:04 UTC 2009

Hello Xavier,

  Here  is  what  I  came up with that compiles on 0.14. The result is
  "file is NULL"

Section Header

  + name := TEST ;

Section Inherit

  - parent:OBJECT := OBJECT;

Section Public

  - main <-
  ( + entry:ENTRY;
    + file:STD_FILE;

    entry := FILE_SYSTEM.get_entry "test.li";
    (entry = NULL).if {
      STD_ERROR.put_string "Error: File test.li does not exist!\n";
      die_with_code exit_failure_code;
    };

    file ?= entry.open;
    (file = NULL).if {