inherited lips

Damien Bouvarel damien.bouvarel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 06:50:55 UTC 2009

Hello,
I started to convert the opengl binding for new syntax, i have a lip problem
already pointed by Mildred:
how to import a lip from a lip?
The opengl lib has a unix/ windows/ os layer, so it need a lip
configuration, as the lib is not standard, it can't be in lib_os/
My proposal may be the same as Mildred solution :-)

The inherited lips are not STRING but LIP type, all the "imported" lips are
inherited:

 - parent_lip:LIP := LIP; // ??? LIP is the lisaac make.lip object.

 - parent_opengl:LIP := LIP.create "<opengl lip path>";

So the public slots are inherited, we have the explicit call:
parent_opengl.no_shader; or no_shader; or -no_shader on command-line.
The 'make' slot is interpreted by compiler at 'LIP.create' call, this make
slot can be used to set up the path.
So when we inherit from opengl lip, the opengl path is set, if opengl lip
inherit from math lib, the math path is also set.

A dynamic lip load could look like this:

+ lib:LIP;
+ my_path:STRING;
lib := LIP.create my_path; // make is called
lib.toto;

All this may have already been thought, comments?
Damien