Installing on Windows

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Sun May 2 20:23:44 UTC 2010

On 23:03 Sat 01 May     , Chris Saunders wrote:
> I was hoping to install Lisaac on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.  In the README
> file I was instructed to look at page http://wiki.lisaac.org for installation
> instructions for Windows.  I created an account in order to look at http://
> old.lisaac.org/download/quick_start_guide_fr.pdf or http://old.lisaac.org/
> download/Lisaac_RM_03.pdf but my login for these links was rejected.  I appear
> to be currently logged in at page http://wiki.lisaac.org/doc/Main_Page as I see
> my last name at the top of the page.  Suggestions?

I tried to install lisaac on windows 7 yesterday.

The fact is that it seems that the latest release don't work at all on windows.

First windows 7 is different to XP and Vista, you have to set executable
compatibility with XP. And the bad thing is that it seems that we have a huge
bug when parsing directories on windows. After trying 4 hours with mingw and
cygwin I was not able to get the installer working. The compiler cannot detect
the correct path and thus not any .lip file.

If someone has the time to fix it, it would be great. I did these tests with a
friend but personnaly I don't have any windows, so it's a little bit hard for me
to fix it ;)

Greetings,
--
 ,''`. Xavier Oswald (xoswald at debian.org)