[lockdev-devel] drop baudboy.h?

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Mon Mar 15 09:46:53 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering whether the explicit use of baudboy.h to switch to the
helper based method actually is a good idea. IMO it would be more
clean to just have applications use ttylock.h and hide the
implementation specific use of a helper. Since Debian has /var/lock
world writeable a helper actually isn't needed there. For RedHat and
SUSE we need the helper. So we could drop baudboy.h add a configure
switch that determines at build time whether the ttylock interface
should use the helper.

cu
Ludwig

--