[Logcheck-devel] #207795: logcheck: fails to clean up when interrupted

Gerfried Fuchs alfie at ist.org
Wed Apr 28 10:27:57 UTC 2004

* Eric Evans <eevans at sym-link.com> [2004-04-27 15:34]:
> Subject: [Logcheck-devel] #207795: logcheck: fails to clean up when interrupted
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 Can we get rid of that, please? I don't think that we really need it,
it just bloats the subject and moves the relevant data off the screen.
:-/  I am confident that all of us do sort lists out based on X-List*
headers.

> I applied the patch attached to bug #207795 to CVS yesterday, and then
> some hours later it dawned on me that the trap builtin might not be
> present in all shells, (and sure enough it isn't).

Package: bash
Essential: yes
Section: base

 I think it is that bad to make it bash only. Although it would of
course be helpful to make it shell-independent, I don't think that it is
a real problem when it is too hard to do.

> Does anyone know of a more portable way to handle signals in a shell
> script?

 Me not, sorry.  I even thought about suggesting using perl, but that
wouldn't buy us anything, bash is there already.

 So long,
Alfie
--
<etbe> When will we be able to upload packages to Debian again?
<weasel> after sarge released.  this is a kind of a sneak freeze :)