[Logcheck-devel] logcheck: adduser in preinst?

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Fri Dec 31 04:11:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

We have got a rare race condition in logcheck in which a cron job can attempt
to run during the install but before postinst, where the adduser happens.

This was reported[1] in #284788.

Moving the adduser to preinst would close this bug, but I've heard it's
sometimes naughty to adduser in preinst. :>

What do you think about this case?

Also, would this really require a pre-depends even though adduser is in base?

Cheers,
-Todd

[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :
      http://debian.org || http://rapidpacket.com/~xtat    `. `'
                                                             `-     ]