[Logcheck-devel] 1.2.24 release

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Mon Jul 19 14:04:57 UTC 2004

hello,

tommorow 1.2.23 hits sarge, so our user get nice templates there.
1.2.24 could be released next days
(has a lots of new rules and rule fixes, some minor logtail fixes,
 removes unused /var/state/logcheck). uplaoding current head for
testing at the usual place: debian.stro.at/sarge as 1.2.23+1.2.24rc2 *)

lets look through our bug reports (ordered witch decreasing importance).

must have 1.2.24:
#258735 wrong permissions in /etc/logcheck
that's a current show-stopper, we have troubles getting permissions right
when upgrading from woody - user logcheck is not created!!

sarge items (1.2.24 || 1.2.25 || 1.2.26):
#255932: News file is not displayed on upgrade
Alfie said to works on that.

#215640: logcheck: documentation confusing/contradictory
ideas for better explanations in manpage, but needs rephrasing.

#258427: logcheck/logtail didn't detect tampering logfile
Alfie didn't find that to be a bug, but i will take a better look
at logtail how it's happening to get the hole logfile mailed

#259603: postfix/lmtp rules do not match some configurations
hard rule to design, maybe remote strings inside

#213711 missing ignore pattern for squid
todd half done, just missing one more rule for squidguard

#260101: anon-proxy server messages
me working on it, needs moreinfo

hope that helps to resume what needs to be done currently,
eevans you stepped in at the beginning of 1.2.24
please do not stop that nice habitude! :)

a++ maks

*) rc1 catched a nasty leftover of my logcheck.postinst change.

ps i'm going surfing next week for 2 weeks.