[Logcheck-devel] Problem running logcheck: permissions?

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Fri Jun 25 07:27:51 UTC 2004

Thanks, Ross.  This is an interesting problem.

Yes, this file should look like:
-rw-r--r--    1 root     logcheck     1931 2004-06-10 04:20
/etc/logcheck/logcheck.conf

We set permissions conditionally on upgrade from anything less than 1.2.19,
so I'm a bit confused as to how it didn't get changed.  I don't think
refusing the new config matters so much, becuase we chgrp -R everything in
/etc/logcheck in postinst. -- Perhaps I'm wrong.

Do you happen to know what version you were running previously?

Thanks,
-Todd

--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :