[Logcheck-devel] intermittent access this week

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Mon Jun 28 07:45:29 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 12:39:00PM +0200, maks attems wrote:
> #253998 is yet another permissions bug,
> when looking through our code yesterday (while moving it),
> i saw that we didn't even check if we could read our offset files.
>
> i wonder if we should unconditionalize the permissions stuff out of
> logcheck.postinst, i've seen the new of rules that i added in my
> local logcheck dirs had permissions like those:
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          383 Jun 11 09:29 local-scponly
> yeeah logcheck could pick them up, so it's not critical,
> but we had another bug report who reported problems with local rules:
> #251404:

I am now seeing these problems on a production system.

-rw-r-----    1 root     root          602 Jun 10 04:20 spamd

Not cool...   We can unconditionalize the permission setters, but I'm
wondering if there is a better way...  (i.e., Install them with correct
permissions)

--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :