[Logcheck-devel] current bugs + next release

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Wed May 5 09:23:11 UTC 2004

hey todd,

On Tue, 04 May 2004, maks attems wrote:

> just received #247279, did a commit to debian/logcheck.postinst, added:
> chown logcheck:adm /etc/logcheck || true
> but maybe we also need a -R there and then we could get rid of the other
> chgrp lines below.
> will do an export of cvs to test.

my fix for the permissions in /etc/logcheck seems to work fine,
run yestdays export on my laptop,
build after checkin of (debian/logcheck.postinst):
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.paranoid || true
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.workstation || true
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server || true
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/cracking.d || true
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/cracking.ignore.d || true
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/violations.d || true
-        chgrp logcheck /etc/logcheck/violations.ignore.d || true
+        chgrp -R logcheck /etc/logcheck || true

don't know how you want to release it, but #247279 seems to be urgent?
didn't yet document aboves change in changelog.. leaving the option
for a 1.2.19-2 or a 1.2.20?

but you may want to doublecheck .. don't know what's about the
third line of aboves bug report: why should sort have failed?
ahh we don't have a fall back if $LOGFILE isn't defined ..
brr should be syslog.

a++ maks