[Logcheck-devel] linitian check of current version

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Fri May 7 07:54:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:43:36PM +0200, maks attems wrote:
> logcheck-database and logtail are clean, but
>
> W: logcheck: possibly-insecure-handling-of-tmp-files-in-maintainer-script postinst:56
>
> the offending line in debian/logcheck.postinstall:
>        chown -R logcheck /var/tmp/logcheck* &> /dev/null || true
>
> todd do we really need this line?
> did you want to catch a running logcheck, while upgrading?

Yeah, I was hoping to catch a running logcheck.  It seems you're right that
even if a logcheck was running, it would take care of it's own cleanup and
then the new dir for the next time would have correct perms.

Good work, Removed.

> E: logcheck: depends-on-essential-package-without-using-version bash
>
> probably not too bad to add a sensitive number there,
> does anyone have preference?

Because it is essential, I see no need to declare depends on it.  Removed.

Cheers,

--
[   Todd J. Troxell 	                                    ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :