[Logcheck-devel] lintian reports ..

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Sat May 15 11:08:17 UTC 2004

the online lintian reports shows following warnings:
  W: logcheck-database: missing-debconf-dependency-for-preinst
  W: logcheck: missing-debconf-dependency

-> "Packages using debconf in their preinst script must either pre-depend
on debconf (>= 0.2.17), with appropriate discussion on debian-devel, or
else depend on debconf and fall back to a different configuration system."

decisions?

running lintian on current 1.2.21 shows a big output,
because of my permission changes in Makefile for /etc/logcheck
W: logcheck-database: non-standard-file-perm etc/logcheck/ignore.d.paranoid/squid 0640 != 0644
N:   The file has a mode different from 0644. In some cases this is
N:   intentional, but in other cases this is a bug. If it's intentional,
N:   please send a note to lintian-maint at debian.org so that this exception
N:   would be recognized in future versions of Lintian.

well i prefer strict rules regarding world,
but if it's against debian's standards?
or shall we mail to lintian-maint,
that we prefer stricter rules for logcheck rulefiles?

E: logcheck: package-has-a-duplicate-relation depends: logtail (= 1.2.21),
pre-depends: logtail (>= 1.1.9.1)
N:
N:   The package seems to declare a relation on another package which is
N:   already implied by other relations it declares, and is therefore
N:   redundant. This is not only sloppy but can break some tools.
N:

a++ maks