[Logcheck-devel] Re: [Logcheck-commits] CVS logcheck/src

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Mon May 17 16:52:51 UTC 2004

hey todd,

I think you were right, that we need to check _all_
return values.

sorry about my previous noise.

we can therefor reduce the probability of a failing grep
and the disc may already be very full if cat header fails.

oooh i found i nice pointer at the manpage of grep(1):
DIAGNOSTICS
	Normally, exit status is 0 if selected lines are found and 1 otherwise.
	But the exit status is 2 if an error occurred, unless the -q or --quiet
	or --silent option is used and a selected line is found.

so todd please reanable your check for footer,
and add a check for egreps of exit status 2!

yuppiieee

a++ maks