[Logcheck-devel] dedup and sort rules

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Tue Sep 28 17:29:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, maks attems wrote:

> > This seems like a useful script for users who manage their own rules.  I'm
> > NOT going to think about automating this in sarge, but perhaps later.
> > Regardless I would like to include it with the current logcheck package,
> > perhaps as documentation.
>
> i agree added it too current logcheck cvs.
> just renamed it too 'logcheck-database_parse'.
> thanks

hmm i should have better followed the code,
the script does not pay at _all_ attention to file permissions.
i'm not shure if we want to pass the to our users.

i'm not familiar enough with your code to change it in only
warn on duplicate rules but do not sort or rewrite files.

i'll wait a bit before next action.
a++ maks