[Logcheck-devel] logcheck releases

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Thu May 19 20:32:46 UTC 2005

Hello!

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 08:00:28PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> we have a pile of fixes in our cvs thanks to jamie,
> tried also to keep up, but couldn't beat his rhythm ;)

I've just caught up with the current state of things, and I'm impressed with
the number of changelog entries! <:  I'll definitely get a release out soon.

> as all those rules still apply for sarge daemons,
> i would consider the following release ideas.
>
> 1.2.40 bad bug fix
> -> sarge-proposed-updates
>
> 1.2.40 + 1.2.41 all the big bunch
> -> unstable
> -> volatile

I will have to think about this some more.  I think it's really mostly
rulefile changes.  The bad bug is a known issue.  We can't set the
permissions every install as it would break policy, so we are stuck with
different (but still accessable and working) permissions for some rulefiles
until logcheck user is made to be part of Debian base.

I am thinking unstable+volatile would be the best option.  I'll rethink it,
and possibly release late this weekend.  Any input in the meanwhile is
appreciated.

Cheers,
--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :