[Logcheck-devel] Integrating rules from other packages back into logcheck

Elmar Hoffmann debian-logcheck-devel-ml at elho.net
Mon Oct 10 14:59:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

on Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 12:55:25 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:

> but the usual merged out of tree rules are not by the maintainer themself
> but by random bug submitters.

That's my experience too - and I'm both guilty there (being the bug
submitter led by the "Packages are encouraged to install their own
logcheck rulefiles" in README.Maintainer) and bitten by it due to
outdated rules and suboptimal fixes, for example #304110.

> anyway if we don't find an agreement we can still move to d-devel,
> to get the view of the broader audience.

Did you find an agreement silently ;) or is this still an undecided
issue?

I wonder, because I've stumbled upon some more outdated rules in other
packages that I'm going to file bugs on and could take the chance to
suggest moving the rules over to logcheck-database as an alternative
fix, if that is what you prefer anyway.

elmar

--

| :' :   Elmar Hoffmann <elho at elho.net>    ASCII Ribbon Campaign  \ /
`. `'    GPG key available via pgp.net        against HTML email   X
  `-                                                    & vCards  / \