[Logcheck-devel] contribution to debian logcheck.

Jitendra Pawar jitendra at linsyssoft.com
Thu Sep 1 09:15:17 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have some questions regarding contributing to debian logcheck, thanks
for your time.

I would like to do some work and contribute to debian. I already did
contribution for main line binutils.

I am using Fedora core-3 as my desktop.
I have downloaded cvs source using command:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/logcheck login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/logcheck co
logcheck

when I tried to run logcheck I got following error:
[jitendra at chanakya src]$ ./logcheck
./logcheck: line 492: /etc/logcheck/logcheck.conf: No such file or
directory
./logcheck: line 604: lockfile-touch: command not found
egrep: /etc/logcheck/logcheck.logfiles: No such file or directory
sort: open failed: /tmp/logcheck.jS4437/logoutput/*: No such file or
directory
./logcheck: line 86: kill: (4436) - No such process

1. Is that all sources need to do development work for logcheck?
2. Shall I need to have Debian desktop ? if not then what additional
libraries/packages I need to install to run logcheck?
3. Where can I searchfor document on Building and running gogcheck?

thanks
:-)
Jitendra