[Logcheck-devel] Re: contribution to debian logcheck.

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Thu Sep 1 14:59:51 UTC 2005

Hi Jitendra,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 07:21:29PM +0530, Jitendra Pawar wrote:

> > 1. Is that all sources need to do development work for logcheck?
> > 2. Shall I need to have Debian desktop ? if not then what additional
> > libraries/packages I need to install to run logcheck?
> > 3. Where can I search for document on Building and running gogcheck?
>
> I further investigated this problem and able to build logcheck.
> but I am getting error on execution of this command :
>
> [jitendra at chanakya src]$ sudo -u /usr/sbin/logcheck logcheck
> sudo: no passwd entry for /usr/sbin/logcheck!
> [jitendra at chanakya src]$

You will need to have a user called 'logcheck' that is able to read
your logfiles, rulefiles, and write to /var/lock/logcheck and
/var/lib/logcheck.

I'm interested in what you had to do to get things running on Fedora.

Cheers,
--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :