[Logcheck-devel] newer logcheck-database file with wrong gid

maximilian attems debian at sternwelten.at
Wed Sep 14 18:58:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Todd Troxell wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 05:58:00PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 May 2005, CVS User ttroxell wrote:
<snipp>
> > i'm repeatably beaten by that revert.
> > do a simple:  sudo find /etc/logcheck/ -gid 0
> > and you won't be surprised. :-P
> *nodnod*

ok, so we'll fix it. ;)

> > please name the paragraph in the policy you have in mind?
>
> Sorry, I was making things up.  It would appear that It's not disallowed by
> policy.  The original complaint is in this archived report[0].

fine for me.

> > base-passwd states that packages should cope with dynamically allocated
> > system users and groups.
> > "packages should avoid requesting such ids"
>
> Hmm.  We can add a conditional chown to dh_installlogcheck.
> [The condition being whether or not we have a logcheck user yet.]

agreed the getent passwd check can't harm.

> It will also require yet another overwrite of all /etc/logcheck perms.
>
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=287184;archive=yes

afair the bug report was about our restrictive chmod setting.
but i'll look up. yes it was.
remember to speak on irc with the bug reporter telling me that he
exports his /etc setting for an unpriveleged svn user.

the chown is need on every upgrade in my opinion, as every upgrade
adds potentially a new logcheck-database rulefile.

--
maks