[Logcheck-devel] moving rules out of logcheck-database into the packages

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Jul 10 04:57:59 UTC 2006

also sprach Elmar Hoffmann <debian-logcheck-devel-ml at elho.net> [2006.07.09.1927 +0200]:
> > Then we help these maintainers. [...]
>
> Yes, at least for packages already under revision control, it should
> be trivial to give the logcheck team commit access to the external
> rulefiles.
> Though I do see a higher burden on the side of the logcheck
> maintainers to do changes in dozens of different repositories instead
> of just the logcheck one...

Sure, but I could also imagine a process like we have with .po files
right now: dh_installlogcheck and a tool that submits logcheck
filter files for our inspection.

> Another case just came to my mind; upstream shipping logcheck
> rulefiles, but as I have not seen that happen yet, this might be
> ignored for now. ;)

This is going to be easier to implement if we have the rulefiles in
the packages, IMHO.

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
`. `'`

"i always choose my friends for their good looks and my enemies for
 their good intellects. man cannot be too careful in his choice of
 enemies."
                                                      -- oscar wilde