[Logcheck-devel] Fwd: wall.oerlikon.madduck.net 2006.07.22.2250 Security Events

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Jul 24 14:43:12 UTC 2006

also sprach Jamie L. Penman-Smithson <lists at silverdream.org> [2006.07.24.1535 +0100]:
> > Security Events
> > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-Jul 22 22:48:40 wall kernel: martian source 84.72.30.149
> > from 127.0.0.1, on dev wan
> >
> > ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> I vote no.. If you want to ignore these messages, use local rules instead.

Okay. Could you explain to me what these messages are? Maybe I am
just not getting it. It seems that martians are attempts of
spoofing, but the above message only leads me to conclude there's
some weird routing issue going on. It's a crap log message for one,
given that "source" and "from" mean the same thing, really.

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
`. `'`

#include <signature.h>