[Logcheck-devel] final decision on violations.ignore.d and de-escalation

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Wed Sep 13 16:35:02 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I have the feeling that we have not yet reached consensus on what
violations.ignore.d should be:

  - a set of filters that apply to violations; any line filtered
    will disappear completely from the logcheck mails
  - a set of filters that apply to violations; any line filtered
    will automatically be de-escalated to a normal system event.

I think we must figure this out before etch. Could you please offer
your input?

If I don't hear anything before next week, I will assume that we
want de-escalation, which seems to be the current way things are
going.

(logcheck is so ready for a rewrite from scratch...)

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user

always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.