[Logcheck-devel] Feature to start reading file from the end

Abhijeet Rastogi abhijeet.1989 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 18:26:14 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I observed while using logtail2 that there is no option to start
reading file from the end without actually going through the whole
file in the first run.

If I've a file which is really large and I want to start using
logtail, there should be a option where logtail starts reading file
only from the end. Would the community appreciate a patch like that?
I'm not a perl guy but I can still try doing something like that.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Abhijeet Rastogi (shadyabhi)