[Logcheck-users] Suppressing this CD-ROM message?

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Tue Aug 11 21:27:12 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-18, Frédéric Brière wrote:

> Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> wrote:
>> May 20 11:04:36 floo kernel: [162262.729339] end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 0
>
> There's a specific rule flagging that message in violations.d/kernel.
> If you want to get rid of it, you'll have to either remove that rule, or
> copy it to violations.ignore.d/local-kernel.

(Sorry for the delay in replying.  I don't burn CDs and DVDs very
often.)

I've copied it to 'violations.ignore.d/local-kernel' and the error
still pops up.  I'll try commenting it out in 'violations.d/kernel'
next.

Here's what I don't understand:

I have a file named '/etc/logcheck/custom-ignore' that is symlinked
into all the other '/etc/logcheck/*ignore*' directories.  Most of the
time I can suppress an unwanted message by adding it to that "master
file", but sometimes it doesn't work and I have to make a special file
for it.  Why?