[Logcheck-users] filtering out iptables messages

Frédéric Brière fbriere at fbriere.net
Thu Aug 13 18:51:27 UTC 2009

Milan Andric <mandric at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aug  7 10:35:17 slice kernel: iptables denied: IN=eth0 OUT=

I'm guessing these are being raised as security events, due to the
presence of "denied".

> hourly email.  Adding the regex to
> /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/kernel does not work.  Yet when I use

You'll have to add that rule to violations.ignore.d/local-kernel for it
to take effect.  (You might want to leave a copy in ignore.d.server,
since logcheck-database 1.3.x will no longer treat these as security
events.)

P.S.: Am I right in assuming that the only reason these show up in your
logs is because you're using the "-j LOG" option?

--
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.  After that, it's all learned.
		-- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces