[Logcheck-users] filtering out iptables messages

Frédéric Brière fbriere at fbriere.net
Thu Aug 13 20:16:27 UTC 2009

Milan Andric <mandric at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You'll have to add that rule to violations.ignore.d/local-kernel for it
>
>  Frédéric, I only have a violations.ignore.d/logcheck-kernel.  Will try there.

Of course: local-kernel is meant for you to create.  It will not get
overwritten by new releases of logcheck-database, so it's the perfect
place for your own local rules.

> it's useful or not in the long run to have those around.  Will look
> into -j LOG ... where does that option go?  To logcheck command or
> iptables?

That's an iptables option; the LOG target is what triggers your log
messages.

--
Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?
		-- Patrick Volkerding