[Ltrace-devel] ltrace and .opd section

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Fri Apr 14 11:30:21 UTC 2006

Hi

I included automated testsuite into RH ltrace build, and it showed up
some problems. The strangest one is this happening on ia64:

$ ./ltrace -x display testsuite/ltrace.main/main-internal
./ltrace: static plt not in .opd

The problem is that ia64 binaries have .opd section. (I didn't see .opd
on any other platform.) I was trying to look up some documentation, but
found nothing valuable. So I can't even tell if ltrace's way of
handling .opd is ok or not.  Anyway... turning off the code that
loads .opd seemingly cures the problem.  This is obviously a workaround,
so anyone with more intimate knowledge of elf might have more apropriate
fix handy.

PM