[Ltrace-devel] ltrace on ppc32 [Was: Re: ltrace is_weak patch]

Sharyathi Nagesh sharyath at in.ibm.com
Wed Aug 30 13:02:31 UTC 2006

> >   	o Please consider the patch I have submitted along with is_weak
> > 	patch when pushing it upstream.
>
> Let me look at the problem once again.  I don't even recall what was
> original reason for that patch.  I'll get to that tomorrow, i.e. roughly
> eight hours from now.  Would you provide me with the description of the
> ppc64 problems that the patch solves?

This is problem we are facing.... hope it helps
-------------
Machine: PPC-64
-------------
bl4-11:~ # cat test.c
#include <unistd.h>
#define BUFF_SIZE 100
int main()
{
  char buff[BUFF_SIZE];
  getcwd (buff, BUFF_SIZE);
  return 0;
}

bl4-11:~ # gcc -o test.32 test.c
bl4-11:~ # ltrace -c ./test.32
% time     seconds  usecs/call     calls      function
100.00    0.000056          56         1 __gmon_start__
100.00    0.000056                     1 total