[Ltrace-devel] fixes for tracing -p, -L

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 18:12:59 CET 2007

Ian Wienand wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 05:01:55PM +0100, Petr Machata wrote:
>> anyway, trunk testsuite fails on mouth.
>
> Is mouth a machine?  What architecture.

Take it as literally as possible :) ltrace just fell on /its/ mouth.

> I am actually seeing a strange 'Operation not permitted' problem on my
> 386 Debian box with the clone test at the moment.  This happens with
> or without your patch.

I've seen those, but didn't look closer.

> Modulo the error that already exists, this works on my Debian x86 box.

Very well. I went ahead with the commit then.

>> Hmm, and I see my pie patch became completely wrecked over the
>> christmas.  Maybe indeed some change in kernel or toolchain...
>
> I remember reading this message; maybe that has something to do with
> it?
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/1/6/124

Oh, thanks for the link.  But thinking about it, the fact that they
don't do randomization anymore shouldn't influence the behavior...  I'll
have to take a closer look.

> -i

PM