[Ltrace-devel] How can I definitely relate a library call to a library file?

Anderson Lizardo anderson.lizardo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:21:14 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 6:32 PM, Uwe Galle <uga at domestic.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't find an answer in a FAQ or with a web search so I want to post
> it here.
>
> My procinfo (version 18) crashes with a "[Floating point exception]".

have you tried using gdb to get a useful backtrace? I.e. try:

gdb --args procinfo -f

After the crash, the GDB prompt will be shown and you can type:

(gdb) bt

This will show a backtrace (stack of functions called until that
point). Note that you may need to install debug info files (*-dbg
packages on Debian/Ubuntu) for at least glibc.

More info:

http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace

Regards,