[Ltrace-devel] multi-thread support for ltrace

Anderson Lizardo anderson.lizardo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:50:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Manoj Kora <koramanoj at yahoo.com> wrote:
> So now i am trying to add the multi-threaded support for ltrace, but not able to find a proper approach for this, for example
>
> 1) Is there a workaround for the existing code?

For Maemo (Linux based OS running on Nokia tablets), there was some
work to implement multi-thread support:

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fremantle/free/l/ltrace/

It has been a long time since I checked the code, but if you are on a
Debian based system, download and unpack the sources with:

dget -u http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fremantle/free/l/ltrace/ltrace_0.5+svn20070904-0.1maemo1.dsc

If you are not on Debian, you need to unpack the .orig.tar.gz and
manually apply the .diff.gz patch on it.

After this, you should find various patches on the debian/patches
directory, some of them related to thread support.

Hope that helps,
--
Anderson Lizardo
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia (INdT)