[Ltrace-devel] Pulling in patches

Edgar E. Iglesias edgar.iglesias at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:32:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 11:44:01PM -0700, Joe Damato wrote:
> Hi everyone -
>
> I pulled a bunch of patches into my ltrace github repository
> (http://github.com/ice799/ltrace).
>
> I've included some comments below about my first quick look at each
> patch set with some comments for the authors (CC'd). If anyone out
> there feels like reviewing some code, please do, I can use help
> reading all this code! My libdl changes could definitely use a code
> review if anyone has the time.
>
> I think these changes are extensive enough to warrant a version bump
> to 0.6.0. I'll carve an 0.6.0 branch on my github repository and start
> merging people's code in. Once everything is merged in and it builds I
> can pull that into the official ltrace repository and we can figure
> out how to get it released.
>
> ARM Thumb-2 support:
> http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/commit/439a7da3347fcaf1c00338ab9572afb135664e9f
> I don't know anything about ARM, nor do I have access to an ARM system
> to test this on. That said this commit is pretty simple so unless
> anyone objects, I'm going to pull this in.
>
> Support for cris:
> http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/commit/9f723e91d7e8e65069ca4d298e725a7174c98768
> I don't know anything about cris, nor do I have access to a cris
> system to test this on. I have yet to read this code, but I will take
> a look as best I can. These patches are missing a ChangeLog entry,
> though.
>
> Edgar: Can you create a ChangeLog entry for this change and I'll pull that in?

Hi Joe,

Good to see some activity around ltrace :)

Here is a ChangeLog entry for the CRIS patch. I've also got patches
for ARM and MIPS on my side but i suspect that there is some overlap
with what has been submitted to the list so I'll just wait until
all patches go in and things settle down before rebasing and maybe
posting those.

Cheers

2010-10-08  Edgar E. Iglesias  <edgar at axis.com>

	Add support for the CRISv32 architecture:

	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/Makefile: New.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/arch.h: Ditto.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/plt.c: Ditto.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/ptrace.h: Ditto.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/regs.c: Ditto.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/signalent.h: Ditto.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/syscallent.h: Ditto.
	* sysdeps/linux-gnu/cris/trace.c: Ditto.