[Ltrace-devel] PPC32 build fix, and other minor fixes suggested for 0.6.0

Joe Damato ice799 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 07:10:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Michael K. Edwards
<m.k.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I expect that the first attached patch will fix the PPC32 build.  (I
> have made the offending bits of code conditional on SIZEOF_LONG == 8
> rather than on __powerpc64__, since this is really a matter of
> ptrace() being defined to return a long.)  The other patches capture
> the last remaining bit of substance from crosstool-ng's patches (the
> inclusion guard on common.h) and fix up autoconf warnings.  I haven't
> tested the result on ppc32 -- I am working on x86 and ARM targets --
> but I thought I'd get it out to you for your consideration anyway.

Thanks for your work on this. I'll apply these patches and test. No
need to do this now, but in the future can you please send each patch
as a separate email to the list (checkout git send-email) to make it
easier to comment on specific patches?

All the patches look OK except patch 4. Is there a reason we need to
update to autoconf 2.65? Doing so makes running autoreconf fail on
some linux distributions with older versions of autoconf. I don't
think we're using any features from 2.65, are we?