[Ltrace-devel] Problem running ltrace on Android

pmachata at redhat.com pmachata at redhat.com
Thu May 19 15:35:10 UTC 2011

DUSHYANT ARORA <dushyantarora13 at gmail.com> writes:

> I applied both patches. I get the following output:
> ./ltrace: Multiple data chunks in .hash from "/system/bin/ping"
> Sorry for the wrong output earlier. I copied the changes in the wrong
> place by mistake.

Hmm, interesting.  I'm not completely sure what the semantics of
multiple data chunks are, but I'm hoping that the data is split in a
straightforward manner.

I wrote a quick patch that seems to be working per my testing.
Unfortunately I have nowhere to test for the actual case of chunked
data, I only made it go through the right branches even in single-chunk
case.  Besides, if any other sections are chunked, too, we won't be able
to handle them just the same.

Anyway, the branch pmachata/chunks holds what I wrote.  Please check it
out and tell me if it helps or how it fails.

Thanks,
PM