[Ltrace-devel] File area for ltrace project

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 11:50:17 UTC 2012

Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at googlemail.com> writes:

> there seems to be a ltrace-0.6.0 release [1], but I looked for an
> official tarball at [2] and did not found it.
> On the Wild Wild Web I found some tarballs from Fedora and openSUSE
> project, but I don't know on which (git-revision) they are based on.
> Is there a(n alternative) download-URL?
>
> The Freetz project uses the orig-tarball [3] from Debian GNU/Linux
> project.

I'm wondering what the proper way for distributing tarballs is on
Alioth.  It seems there should be some sort of File Download area, but
ltrace apparently has this disabled.

Juan, could you take a look whether your admin interface makes it
possible for you to enable this?  The goal would be to enable the link
https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30892 so that it says "no
released files" or something, instead of complaining that there are "no
file packages defined".  Thanks.

We need to at least upload an official-looking 0.6.0, with checksums,
tarball, and all.  Or is that somewhere that I just don't know about?
Or is Debian the only release outlet for Debian-hosted projects?

I also envision releasing 0.7 in near future, with the multi-threading
support (already in), and tracing calls made from libraries
(pmachata/libs, which mostly works on x86's and ppc's, but there are
nits left that need fixing).

PM