[Ltrace-devel] 0.7.0 released

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 20:58:43 UTC 2012

Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k.org> writes:

> Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Then perhaps it's a kernel that I haven't tested on.
>
> This has nothing to do with the kernel, the list is maintained by
> ld.so.

OK.  I didn't know where the VDSO name exactly comes from.  Turns out
recent vanilla ustream sets l_name for VDSO always and the distribution
glibc in Fedora only when dl_debug_mask is set (e.g. LD_DEBUG=unused).

> You get no directory part at all with "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:".

Hmm, we can't compare l_addr either, that's bias, and therefore not
unique.  GDB in Fedora carries a patch for ignoring entries named
linux-{vdso,gate}.so.1, so let's go with that for now.  This fixes the
problem per my testing.

Thanks,
PM