[Ltrace-devel] [RFC 2/5] Abort on unsupported value types in the backends

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 17:04:43 UTC 2012

edgar.iglesias at gmail.com writes:

> From: "Edgar E. Iglesias" <edgar at axis.com>
>
> Makes it easier to add new types.

Hmm, this was deliberate, but now that there are more back ends alive
than I can hope to take care of personally, your change makes sense.
Any new additions (like 128-bit doubles, vector types, long longs, etc.)
would have to be covered with test cases anyway.

Note that you missed sysdeps/linux-gnu/ppc/{fetch,trace}.c.  I'll take
care of that later if you don't feel like doing this.  I'll need to
re-verify on PPC sometime soon anyway.

I'll look at the problem with that off-by-one and your fix later.  The
test case patch is certainly OK.

Thanks,
PM