[Ltrace-devel] ltrace v0.7.0-git: Session on a Freetz MIPSEL router box

Edgar E. Iglesias edgar.iglesias at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:51:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 04:44:15PM +0800, "Jackie Yeh [?????????]" wrote:
> Hi Edgar,
>
> Your patches works!
> I have to apply patch 1~6, only 1~4 doesn't work.
>
> One question for the patches:
> For these patches I copy-and-paste, then save to a patch file, but most of them
> doesn't work at all -- some characters are missing and some long line are cut.
> So I actually patch them manually.
> Do you have some better way to apply these patches?
>

> Another question I'm not sure it's ltrace bug or my application's problem:
> <quote>
> _ZThn8_NK7QWidget6metricEN12QPaintDevice17PaintDeviceMetricE(0x603710, 8,
> 0x603710, 0callstack_push_symfunc: Error: call nesting too deep!
> </quote>
>
> Initially the MAX_CALLDEPTH is defined as 64, after I increase it to 256, the
> "call nesting too deep" error keeps happened, then the application stops.

Hi,

These are likely bugs in ltrace. I still have many cases that fail that I plan
to work on. Hopefully I'll have more time and can post more fixes continously.

Regarding emailed patches, I usually save the files into a mail folder and use
the "git am" command. I plan to setup a public git tree soon, that will make it
easier for others to just clone or pull from it.

Thanks for giving it a try!

Cheers
Edgar