[Ltrace-devel] ltrace-0.7.2: proc.c: In function 'crawl_linkmap': error: 'rlm.l_addr' may be used uninitialized

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 15:19:27 UTC 2013

Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at gmail.com> writes:

> Seems to be again a problem of "-0s" gcc optimization-level ("-O2" works fine).
> What about adding a testcase?

For posterity (i.e. me in two months) the reproducer seems to be GCC
4.7.2 -Os -m32.  I put in an explicit initialization to silence it.

Testcase won't work for this, those are used for testing ltrace itself.
Build bot or a rigorous release process would be the right tool to catch
these sorts of bugs, but I'm not sufficiently annoyed by them to set up
either one.

Thanks,
PM