[Ltrace-devel] How about an ltrace 0.8.0 in the next month or two?

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Thu Jul 4 00:18:20 UTC 2013

Randy MacLeod <rwmacleod at gmail.com> writes:

> After collecting the stats below, I noticed the list history that
> there's an 0.8 in the works.  What can I do to help that along? I'll
> start by testing the git head on a variety of qemu systems.

That would be great.  I tend to consider the code ready for 0.8-ish
(maybe an RC first).

My biggest worry is the new prototype library code.  The idea is that
library creators can provide ltrace config files, and there's a
dedicated directory where these are looked up.  I have written about
this in [1].  I think it essentially works, but it hasn't really seen
much testing, and is not documented (both ltrace.1 and ltrace.conf.5
probably need to mention this).  I'm not sure how keen you are to write
man pages, but should you be interested, feel free to send patches ;)

Apart from that, the usual release dance must be done.  NEWS entry needs
to be written.  I'm unlikely to get to this soon.  0.8 has been near the
top of my TODO for at least three months now, but I can't seem to quite
get to it.

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/ltrace-devel/2012-December/000833.html

Thanks,
PM