[Ltrace-devel] missing library traces

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:26:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> wrote:
> Eugene Rudoy <gene at freetz.org> writes:
>
>> as to compiling the master: I had to apply the two patches attached to this
>> mail in order to compile it (I simply removed that
>> "lte->relplt_count"-line).
>
> Hmm, the _GNU_SOURCE ones probably make sense (see the comment about
> uclibc above one of them).
>
>> As to fixing the issue, in particular "It shouldn't be hard for MIPS'
>> arch_elf_init to add any special entries....": sounds interesting ;-) but
>> it's something completely new to us (Oliver & me), we just cross-compile
>> ltrace and make it available to the users of freetz-project.
>>
>> Would that be possible for you to take a deeper look into the issue? Is
>> there something we can do to support you? Testing, hardware (probably
>> remote access only)?
>
> In fact I'm installing Debian Wheezy inside Qemu as I write this.
> I can't promise anything (this would have to go from my personal time
> budget, which is already fairly strained), but I should be able to at
> least take a look.

Recently, I was asked some questions about ltrace-0.7.3 MIPS cross-compilation.

What happened with this issue?
Is ltrace-0.7.y still BROKEN on MIPS?

I have seen a "pmachata/mips" Git branch with a patch called "Support
tracing of PLT-less MIPS binaries" on top... which has not entered
master.

Thanks in advance for an update.

- Sedat -

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/ltrace.git/log/?h=pmachata/mips