[Ltrace-devel] ltrace update for ppc64el arch (Petr Machata)

Thierry@vnet thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 12 12:06:16 UTC 2014

On 03/12/2014 12:48 PM, Petr Machata wrote:
> "Thierry at vnet" <thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 1) Working on it, can I plan to enhance type.h with the following definition
>>
>> enum arg_type {
>>         ARGTYPE_VOID,
>>         ARGTYPE_INT,
>>         ARGTYPE_UINT,
>>         ARGTYPE_LONG,
>>         ARGTYPE_ULONG,
>>         ARGTYPE_CHAR,
>>         ARGTYPE_SHORT,
>>         ARGTYPE_USHORT,
>>         ARGTYPE_FLOAT,
>>         ARGTYPE_DOUBLE,
>>         ARGTYPE_ARRAY,          /* Series of values in memory */
>>         ARGTYPE_STRUCT,         /* Structure of values */
>>         ARGTYPE_POINTER,        /* Pointer to some other type */
>>         ARGTYPE_HETEROGENEOUS,
>>         ARGTYPE_HOMOGENEOUS,
>>         ARGTYPE_HOMOGENEOUS_NESTED_FLOAT,
>> };
> Please don't.  This type is used a lot in many backends and this will
> break all the switch statements there.  What is the motivation for this?
>
> Thank you,
> PM

We defined some new type like homogeneous and some more attributes for
struct and your comment was
"Why can't you use type_get_hfa_type? Can we extend it so that it does
what you need?".
So I was wondering if the solution was not to enhance current strcutures.
Going to look again at what I need.
Thanks

--
Thierry on vnet.ibm