[Ltrace-devel] Moving away from the limelight

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 19:47:07 UTC 2015

Hi list,

my involvement with Red Hat ends at the end of April.  After that, I'll
probably have much less time to be active with ltrace.  I still hope to
be able to review and push patches, the traffic is sufficiently low, but
I won't be able to make it a high priority.  Certainly I won't be
writing any new code.

It's not that long since ltrace has been in a tight spot where it had
effectively no administration.  So I decided to give a maintainer role
to Jeff Law.

Jeff is taking ltrace over from me over here at Red Hat.  He hasn't been
involved with ltrace, but has extensive experience in the GNU toolchain
area.  Besides being technically brilliant, he is also simply a
reasonable guy and I can trust him that he won't abuse his
maintainership role.  Should Juan and I be unreachable, Jeff could at
least grant the maintainership to whomever comes along as the next
torchbearer.  Probably a much more palatable setup than going through
the lengthy Debian unresponsive maintainer process.

Thanks,
Petr