[Ltrace-devel] 0001-Fix-FAIL-in-attach-process-tests.patch

Ivan Zakharyaschev imz at altlinux.org
Thu Nov 23 09:59:32 UTC 2017

Hello!

It would be more natural just to declare this test (of a feature which
has not yet been implemented) as "X-FAIL"; I mean: which is expected to
fail. It will always be run, and in future, if something changes, we'll
notice the change in the test results and act accordingly.

Does the testing system (dejagnu?) has a way to say that a test is
expected not to pass, but to fail (and not count it as a real failure)?

(A switch like a define is better suited to reflect the features of the
environment, external to our project; as an advice for the other patch:
perhaps, whether we have the debuginfo for glibc available could be
reflected by a "switch".)

--
Best regards,
Ivan