[Multiarch-devel] M-A: Same package A providing and conflicting with package B

Johannes Schauer j.schauer at email.de
Fri Sep 14 09:29:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 04:26:03PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> None of this language has, as yet, been updated for multiarch, but I
> think it makes logical sense for a M-A: same package to be
> coinstallable even if it Conflicts with its own package name or a
> virtual package it Provides, by extension from the intention of this
> construct without multiarch.

I implemented this exception to a package's conflicts in dose3 and
attached the patch. I therefor also sent this email to Pietro Abate.

I also sent it to bug#685171 because it fixes the regression introduced
by a fix for it.

Dose3 behaviour for cross compilation (which often requires
co-installation of linux-libc-dev) is now again the same as apt.

Thanks for your clarifications!

cheers, josch