[Multiarch-devel] Updated multiarch patch for python2.7

Riku Voipio riku.voipio at iki.fi
Fri Sep 14 14:13:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 05:58:22PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> >+ #endif
> >++#ifdef MULTIARCH
> >++    {"." MULTIARCH ".so", "rb", C_EXTENSION},
> >++#endif
> >+     {".so", "rb", C_EXTENSION},
> >+     {"module.so", "rb", C_EXTENSION},
> >+ #endif
>
> What about loading extensions for the -dbg interpreter?

Added, although I'm not sure how interesting multiarch is for debug
packages.

> Python modules from the standard library are not byte-compiled anymore.

This affects speed rather than functionality, so will look at it later

> At least the following files (that are shipped in a M-A: same
> package) vary with architecture:

> /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/*_d.so
> /usr/lib/python2.7/_sysconfigdata_nd.py
> /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sysconfigdata.py

hopefully fixed

> /usr/lib/python2.7/lib2to3/*Grammar*.pickle

Seem to be only used by 2to3 app, so moved whole lib2to3 directory to python2.7 package

> These are broken symlinks:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/config-*_d/libpython2.7_d.so
> /usr/lib/python2.7/config-*_d/libpython2.7.so
> /usr/lib/libpython2.7.a

fixed

> libpython2.7-{minimal,stdlib} don't ship any shared libraries, so
> Pre-Depends on multiarch-support shouldn't be needed.

dropped.

> python2.7{,-minimal,-dbg} must not be "Multi-Arch: foreign".

I'll keep this now for my testings, it is trivial enough to remove
when needed.

> Apparently the patch reopens #684612.

> argparse.egg-info should be in libpython2.7-stdlib, not in python2.7.

Changed

Since you clearly know more about python than I do, do you have good
ideas howto verify that everything still works now that all the files
have been moved around? Even better if you want to test and finish the
patch yourself ;)

Riku