[Net-ssleay-devel] Testers for svn trunk, please.

Florian Ragwitz rafl at debian.org
Thu Jul 20 12:05:03 UTC 2006

Hello there,

I've done some work on Net::SSLeay in the last days and would like to
hear some feedback. The most important changes include:

* Use Module::Install instead of ExtUtils::MakeMaker.
* Remove one callback per ctx/ssl limitation of SSL_set_verify and
  SSL_CTX_set_verify.
* Remove one callback per context limitation of
  SSL_CTX_set_default_passwd_cb.
* Fully port the old test suite to t/ using Test::More and remove
  test.pl.
* Modify set_{,r,w}fd to take either a fileno or a perl io handle as its
  second argument. Win32 has some special handling of those functions
  which I didn't touch, so review of the code on win32 would be very
  welcome.
* Bindings for MD2 and MD4.
* Don't use IO::Select in t/.
* Split up local and external tests.
* Some minor fixes/improvements.

Also the new test suite uses warnings.pm and probably other stuff which
isn't available in perl pre-5.6. Would you consider that an issue?

Thanks in advance,
Flo

--
BOFH excuse #69:
knot in cables caused data stream to become twisted and kinked