[Net-ssleay-devel] Testers for svn trunk, please.

Florian Ragwitz rafl at debian.org
Mon Jul 31 21:29:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 12:13:13PM +1000, Mike McCauley wrote:
> Hello Florian,
>
> Found a fix for this problem on Windows by using OPENSSL_free() instead of
> free() to free the memory allocated by openssl in X509_NAME_oneline.
>
> During the process I have also fixed a number of cases in SSLeay.xs where
> malloc/free was used instead of New/Safefree
>
> I have committed these changes to svn

Thanksgreat work.The only thing I don't like is the fact that you
reverted some of my changes to the testsuite which check if set_{r,w,}fd
works on filehandles as well as on filenos. How about implementing the
same thing I did on unix on windows? Probably everything that needs to
be done is to change the signature of the XSUBs to use perl_filehandle_t
instead of int.

> There is one malloc() left in ssleay_ctx_passwd_cb_new, but there does not
> seem to be a matching free(). Is that your intention?

The free is in SSL_CTX_set_default_passwd_cb. Unfortunately it only
works properly if one sets a callback function to undef or something
false first and then re-sets it again to the new callback. I hope to be
able to fix that tomorrow.

-Flo

--
BOFH excuse #57: