[Net-ssleay-devel] Net::SSLeay::Handle permissions

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Jul 30 06:42:16 UTC 2007

Hi again,

On Monday 30 July 2007 11:34, Mike McCauley wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On Sunday 22 July 2007 21:33, Florian Ragwitz wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 09:29:51PM +1000, Mike McCauley wrote:
> > > Hi Florian,

> > > I dont think I saw a Win32 FAIL report. Where can I find it?
> >
> > http://cpantesters.perl.org/show/Net-SSLeay.html#Net-SSLeay-1.31_02
>
> Hmmm, I havent been able to reproduce this.
>
> I was able to build and test Net-SSLeay-1.31_02 successfully using
> strawberry perl from strawberry-perl-5.8.8-alpha-2.exe, but only after
> editing c: \strawberry-per\perl\lib\Config_heavy.pm and changing ext_lib
> from '.a' to '.lib' (this seems to be a bug in the strawberry perl install:
> without this change, it fails to find the c:\openssl\lib\*.lib files to
> link against, because it looks for .a files)

Actually, I got to the bottom of this issue at least. Dont need to alter
Config_heavy.pm, just need to install properly, plus made a change to
SSLeay.pm. Added doc to README.Win32 on how to build with strawberry perl

Still cant reproduce the originally reported error.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS, NetWare etc.